About Me ~ Random Fun Facts in no particular order
- I use to be able to eat anything and everything until about 2003 when my immune system and gut went crazy on me and I started being intolerant to a long list of foods.
- I have a junk food loving husband who eats the total opposite of me and is all about eating the worst foods he can find. It’s hard to grocery shop for him sometimes when I’m wearing one of my favorite t-shirts ( actual t-shirt worn by me ) I don’t eat “crap” but my hubby does is what it should say…. True story.
- I have 2 kids that I had after I turned 36 and 41 yrs old (what can I say I’m a late starter!
- I have Celiac. Yup~ Gluten is NOT my friend!
- I have eaten a form of the Paleo lifestyle way of eating since around 2005. I just didn’t know it was called that till a few years after.
- I can’t eat or tolerate Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Eggs, Nuts, or Corn. I have to eat low-fodmap also due to having SIBO and no nightshades (or limited) due to my autoimmune issues (*2017 update~ I have healed my gut enough to tolerate some dairy , eggs and nuts!..Hallelujah . I pretty much follow a Paleo-Keto diet currently since for me it keeps my SIBO in check and I feel great on it. I can’t say if it will work for you but it did for me. )
- I’m very chemically sensitive. I get raging migraines from most perfumes and crap air fresheners.
- I use and love Young Living Essential oils. I use them for absolutely everything. I’m not ashamed to promote that either. Being a Young Living Independent rep has allowed me that extra little bit in our budget for me to go PT at my day job and spend quality time with my young kids. I didn’t have children to never see them and my love for Young Living has allowed me the extra time working from home on my own time schedule instead. The company and products totally fit into my way of life.
- I have MTHFR ..I’m compound “Compound Hetero” if you know what that means .. If you haven’t heard of MTHFR before here’s a short version about it that Wellness Mama wrote on the subject ~ “MTHFR is an enzyme that adds a methyl group to folic acid to make it usable by the body. The MTHFR gene produces this enzyme that is necessary for properly using vitamin B9. This enzyme is also important for converting homocysteine into methionine, which the body needs for proper metabolism and muscle growth and which is needed for glutathione creation . The process of methylation also involves the enzyme from the MTHFR gene, so those with a mutation may have trouble effectively eliminating toxins from the body.” Check out Wellness Mama’s full post on it HERE ) If you are a hot mess too be sure to get tested for MTHFR . Just my opinion
- I’m passionate ( to a fault some days ) about helping people research information that can help them with their wellness journey. I believe it’s why I deal with all this on my plate, so I can help others deal with it and find their way as well. My friends tell me it’s my gift. Can I exchange it for another?
- I love Google. You can find just about anything with google. You just have to know what to keep as useful information and what to pass over.
- I love social media .. If it wasn’t for social media I wouldn’t have found the information and help I needed ( and still need) to not go insane with all the health issues I’ve battled. Finding community was huge. I felt very alone in the beginning like I was the only one dealing with all that comes with an autoimmune disease. Its nice to see I’m not the only hot mess out there and like minded people for me to be friends with.
- I love Podcasts. I can say enough about how they have helped me. Plus you can be listening to a podcast while multitasking housework!
- I’m guilty of bad Grammar. I’m trying to get better but I can’t get hung up on it or I would never post, message text or write emails. lol
- I never claim to be perfect and I fully admit I will never get it totally all together … I just try to live my life the best I can each day. GOOD,BETTER,BEST is my motto for me and for anyone that is trying to get through this thing called life as well.
This blog was started for my family and friends to come over and see what is going on in my life. They totally convinced me I should have a blog to tell about the rollercoaster ride I live on with my autoimmune issues, celiac, sibo and all the other fun quirks that make up Donna. It is also a place for me to put resources for them in one place.
*Boring full legal disclaimer~ there are some affiliate links through out my website. ( Assume any link you use could be an affiliate link just for compliance sake ) These links will not cost you even a penny more but it helps support the website costs. (yup this stuff cost money my friends ) I don’t post links for things that I don’t have already and use or would actual totally buy myself if it’s in the budget. Please use your best judgement buying or making the things that I post about. What works for me may not work for you. Thats how the internet works right!