Today was a rainy cold day so we all stayed in our PJ’s and relaxed around the house. I caught up on some blogging and DIY projects. Here is the recipe for the easy Scent Stones I promised I’d post on.
1 cup Baking soda
1/4 cup water
*oven safe silicone molds. Metal won’t work.
I may or may not have melted a non oven safe mold testing if it was oven safe before!
Mix the baking soda and water slowly. I used a bigger measuring cup to mix it . Fill molds 3/4th full. You don’t want it soupy just wet enough to pack the mixture into the molds.
Put the mold on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool and pop out of mold.
Allow the scent stones to cool completely before unmolding.
and again the finish product
Now that you have your scent stones the skies the limit. Put them in a cute Jar and add oils when you are ready to use.
- We drop 4-6 drops of Purification on them and put them on the bottom of the kitchen trash or the dreaded shoe closet.
- I put Endoflex essential oil on one and put under the seat of my car. Only happy smells go in the Victoria ( yup…we name our cars). No chemical air fresheners allowed in Victoria.
- Put R.C or Eucalyptus oil on one and throw in the shower.Its just baking soda so no worries friends.
- Place a stone in a decorative bag and use as a sachet in your lingerie drawer. Lavender is great or your favorite relaxing scent
- Put your favorite bath time oil on it and pop into the bath to go along with your epsom salt.
- Use your imagination where you could put these to bring some freshness to your house.
You may want more or less drops of YL Essential oils on the stones. We all have different smell preferences.
This Post contains affiliate Links . I am a proud Young Living independent distributor #dumpTheChemicals #findBetterWays